Thursday, May 6, 2010

JOURNEY - Day 5 - 26 Apr 2010

First thing when I got up was to fire up my computer as I hadn't been online since I was in Merced CA. Then we had breakfast and Bob and I headed out to see the London Bridge. This is the original London Bridge that Lake Havasu bought, dismantled it stone by stone, brought to Arizona, dredged out and built a canal from the Lake over which to put the bridge, then reassembled it stone by stone and there it now stands!


This was taken from a restaurant garden which is right on the side of the canal beside the bridge. Bob and I had gone to the beach/park area of the canal first then come to this restaurant to have lunch and to give me the super photo ops(grin). Part of these lovely gardens includes a waterfall and fountain. Now I'm not sure whether this is intentional or done by a prankster, however the colour in this photo is for real!



Definitely different, that's all I can say. We ate outside overlooking the canal and bridge and the food was good also! Not only that, but I was able to get UNSWEET Iced Tea. I sure wish they'd smarten up in Canada and make that available (sigh).

Bob then drove me around to another park where the locals get to enter for free while non-residents pay and one that's currently being built. All in all, a very attractive city. Oh yes, he also took me up the mountain where the 'elite' have their residences. I was stunned to see that even these million dollar plus residences are being built right on top of each other with no privacy whatsover! He asked me if I had to leave that day or if I could stay over another night so I decided to take advantage of his offer of hospitality and extend my visit another night. The next day, I packed up to leave for Williams and the Grand Canyon.

No comments: